Empowered communities of children and families creating positive change in their lives and beyond.
Our PANDOO Kids Club - Adopt-A-Community Program creates hubs for education and youth leadership that supports whole of communities in building for the future. Whether a grandparent, teacher, elected official or parent, they can work with inspiring young people to transform neighbourhoods into supportive, self-sustain communities. Cool, right!
A little collaboration goes a long way, and teaching valuable life skills, like empathy, critical thinking and communication moulds the next generation of successful community leaders. Our Adopt-A-Community Program is a 3 year commitment with 3 phases.
1- COMMUNITY AS LEARNERS: Year 1 is for training, learning, organizing, and implementing the right projects with the community.
2- COMMUNITY AS PARTNERS: Year 2 is the start of the handover of responsibilities to community leaders with continued training.
3- COMMUNITY AS INITIATORS: Year 3 is about self-sufficiency and the sustainable community management of projects, with continued training and support.
Impact so far:
- 1 adopted community
- 4 learning hubs refurbished
- 500 average monthly visits
- 10,000+ meals served
- 120 kids enrolled
- 5000 books donated
- Homework and Tutorial: After-school help for students, weekdays and weekend, delivered at the learning hub.
- Alternative Learning Project: One-to-one teacher support for out of school youth, using the Angelicum College module-based approach to the standard Philippines curriculum.
- Workshops and Special Events: Child-friendly activities that are positive, skills-based and/or interests-based meant to develop lifelong skills.
- Hunger Project: In partnership with the school, we provide daily meals to over 120 students who have been identified as severely wasted kids by the school.
- Youth Leadership: Empower and mobilize the youth in proactively contributing to their communities through the implementation of three components: Leadership & Empowerment, Capacity Building, and Value Formation.
- Community Building: Organize parents from the poorest of the poor families in our adopted community to become self-sufficient, responsible and committed leaders and become member of the Barangay Council for the Protection of Children.